



We had a lot of fun on our anniversary trip. We left Tuesday afternoon and I had no clue where we were going. On the way there Josh gave me a packet with pictures and information about the place we were staying. It was a bed and breakfast in La Porte on a lake called South Pine. The B&B was only a few minutes away from New Buffalo, Michigan. The town was right on the water with lots of ships docked, fun outside restaurants and shops. We had fun eating dinner on the rooftop of a restaurant overlooking the water.
The next day on the way to breakfast Josh gave me another surprise packet with our next destination, I thought we were just staying in La Porte the entire time and I was perfectly fine with that, but I found that we were heading to Chicago and staying in the Conrad and watching the fireworks on the Navy Pier, FUN! We were so spoiled at the Conrad and took total advantage of it. We ordered room service and hung out in our room most of the afternoon. Then we walked to the Navy Pier ( I was pretty proud of myself - five blocks both ways!) and rode the Ferris Wheel then watched the fireworks. It was a lot of fun.
This will probably be the last trip for just Josh and I for awhile. It was nice to get some relaxing alone time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment